Because of changed circumstances, some people need to review the way they are following their career path. Here are some links that may be useful:
- If you want to contact the border and immigration part of the home office about visa requirements, click here 
- If you want to contact the General Medical Council about your registration, click here
- If you have an illness or disability, click here 
As well as pursuing a conventional medical career, other options are available to those with a medical degree. Some as add on careers, others as specific career options.
Medical Careers  - national medical careers website on other career options
Medical Law & Ethics
Leadership, Education and Academia
There are 3 levels of interest here:
- All doctors and trainee doctors will need to do a certain amount of these as part of their training
- Some doctors choose to further develop a special interest, taking it on as a role - usually a delivery role: doing research, managing a clinical service, supporting colleagues and trainees' careers. For this, they generally undertake additional training.
- Finally, some take on a leadership role within these 3 roles, moving from teaching for example to leading on education. For this, you will most often need a higher qualification such as a PhD, MBA or Med.