For All Trainees, Please see below:
On 1st April 2016 the application process for Study Leave will become consistent across the region, with responsibility for managing Study Leave given to Training Programme Directors. Guidance documents, guidance flowcharts, and FS1 Application forms are available below.
The information on this page is for trainees in Hospital Specialties only (excluding Foundation and Dentistry).
GP Trainees should follow the General Practice process for study leave, which can be found here: http://www.nwpgmd.nhs.uk/general-practice/gpst-study-leave.
Dentistry Trainees should follow the Dental process for study leave, which can be found here: http://www.nwpgmd.nhs.uk/dental-study-leave.
Psychiatry Trainees should use the online form at http://www.schoolofpsychiatry.net/?page_id=5071
All other trainees should download and complete the following application form.
The application form has been updated to help streamline the overall process, authorisation requirements have changed, signatories are no longer required on the form from either the Educational Supervisor or Rota Co-Ordinator. Trainees will need to confirm they have gained authorisation by ticking the appropriate box on the form and should HEE request confirmation they will need to provide evidence of this.
This form should be submitted to the relevant Study Leave Administrator for your specialty. Please see the "List of Study Leave Administrators" section further down this page.
From 1st October 2015, claims for expenses will be counted from the date from which the course/conference starts. Any FS2 expenses claim form received 3 months after this date will not be processed. In accordance with the study leave guidance study leave applications must be submitted 4 weeks in advance of the start date.
Other Documents to Download
PLEASE NOTE: Where a trainee attends a training/study event on a zero hours day, the trainee is to take the zero hours day at a mutually agreeable time within the rota cycle as agreed by the HEP and the trainee, thus ensuring rotas remain compliant within New Deal requirements.
Lists of TPD's and Study Leave Administrators
Trainees should submit their application form to the correct Study Leave Administrator from the below.
Process for Applying for Study Leave for all StR and SpR Trainees:
- Download the electronic application form above.
- Complete sections A, B and C ensuring you have inserted estimation of expenses you expect to claim.
- Email your completed form to your Educational Supervisor and Rota Coordinator to obtain approval for the course / conference and the time respectively.
Please note, study leave can be approved by:
1. Inserting an electronic signature image into the study leave
2. Attaching an email from the relevant individual, stating that
approval has been given.
- Your Educational Supervisor and Rota Coordinator should email you back confirmation of their approval.
- Forward the two approval emails along with the application for to the relevant study leave administrator (please see list above).
- The study leave administrator will then forward your request to the Training Programme Director.
- You must then await an acknowledgement from the Deanery which will be emailed to you with a study leave expenses claim form.
- You should submit your expenses claim form to the Deanery as soon as possible after the course/ conference along with receipts.
Contacting the Study Leave Section
For queries regarding the status of your application you should contact the Study Leave Administrator for your specialty (see lists at top of page).
For general enquiries and queries regarding payment of expenses only you should contact the Deanery Study Leave Administrators listed below. STUDY LEAVE APPLICATIONS SHOULD NOT NORMALLY BE FORWARDED TO THESE EMAIL ADDRESSES. PLEASE SEE THE LIST OF STUDY LEAVE ADMINISTRATORS FURTHER UP THIS PAGE:
Tel: 0161 625 7670
Tel: 0161 625 7680